Wednesday, January 02, 2008

We Are All Murderers and Prostitutes


Hello, Internet! I have returned. I missed you like my favorite stalker. The holidays were...well, I survived. Also, Happy New Year. As for me, I spent much of the break working on something I'm going to call The Project. That means I spent quite a bit of time thinking about prostitutes. As Harold Robbins has said: "All writers are whores." I also discovered my new favorite quote: "We are all murderers and prostitutes," which is basically my theory on humanity in a nutshell. (Someone needs to turn this one into a T-shirt: "Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.") RD Laing is awesome. And, I discovered this sad news: Riley Dog, RIP. Riley Dog was one of my favorite blogs, where Steve Laidlaw used found materials on the internet as his oils. You will be missed.