Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm A Journalist Call Girl [Updated]


I've posted a new story on Letters from Working Girls. It's called "I Am Just An Ordinary Woman With The Knack Of Making People Love And Trust Me," and it's one of my favorites because it articulates a great deal about what, I think, men are really paying for when they pay for sex. Thank you to the Journalist Call Girl for sending it to me.

Update: Yesterday, Jezebel featured the most recent letter from a john: "I've Seen Every Kind Of Hooker Going," in their "Crap Email from a Dude" series: "Chronic Male Horniness Is Not An Excuse For, Well, Anything." 250 comments ensue, including: "omg, the john is SUCH a fucking limp dicked cliche." It's interesting to contrast this Jezebelian response to the latest letter from an actual working girl.
I know my thoughts have been all over the place, but it's hard to write about these things without being outraged and a little mixed up. I also realize that I've said very little about me. Well, there's very little to tell. At first I needed the money, then I wanted the money. After the thoughts of the money dried up in my head, I turned myself to analysing my clients. In them I found a rich burial ground of feelings. They felt neglected, used, put upon and some other things that make me wish I went to school for psychiatry instead of journalism.