Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My, My American Bukkake...Never Ends III


This morning, I woke up to this: "Susannah Breslin Freaks Me Out." Several times this week, I've debated whether or not to delete this week's posts about bukkake comics because if you are the kind of person who sits around writing blog posts about bukkake comics you are making based on bukkake sets you visited, like, six years ago, you have to wonder about yourself. Then, I read it. It's very funny. This is what it says about "My, My American Bukkake," my first comic: "It was like the most terrifying murder mystery I had ever read crossed with the most awful motorcycle wreck I ever saw, with added jism." Today we are moving on to the second panel of "My, My American Bukkake...Never Ends." This time, I started with a photograph I took on the set of "American Bukkake 13." "AB13," as I like to call it in an homage to Vanessa Beecroft, is of special importance to me, Brent Ward, and America because the US government thinks it is obscene.

I found these photos on some old CDs of mine that survived the southern equivalent of an atomic blast. Bukkake photos are like cockroaches, apparently. They never die. In any case, I took this photo at some point during the bukkake. The man feet belong to Jim. The girl feet belong to Sabrina. As you can see, this is not a good photo, per se. But it had the potential to work in the comic. I was interested in her shoes and the contrast between her and the grim conditions in which she is working. Bukkakes are never, ever easy.

This time I flipped black and white before running the image through Stamp in Photoshop. I liked how it made her shoes seem illuminated, as if they are magic. And, it made her body blackly opaque. Bukkake, in many ways, is about obliteration. Visually, this echoed that. After that, I wiped out everything but her, and I flipped the image around.

It's pretty simple, but it conveyed what I was trying to say. She has been turned upside down. She is unmoored. In "My, My American Bukkake Too," I wondered if I identify with the woman or the men. These days, I'm all too aware as to who these comics are really about.

Then, I added the text. It says it all. Tomorrow, we'll look at the third panel, the first XL panel of "My, My American Bukkake...Never Ends."