Monday, March 10, 2008

Reverse Cowgirl Tumblelogging


Reverse Cowgirl Tumblelogging. That sounds like a new sexual position that might kill you. Actually, it's what I'm doing. On Saturday, apropos of nothing, I started a tumblelog. I first read about tumblelogs a few years ago on Kottke. There, I saw Projectionist, which is beautiful, and I was intrigued with the idea that this was a potentially more stream of consciousness style of blogging, me being a Joyce freak and all. At the same time, tumblelogs seemed more, well, creative, more painterly, something more along the lines of Riley Dog (rest in peace!). And most recently, I've been very into tumblrs by two ladies: Miss Gira and Debauchette. They made me wonder if sex writers make for better tumblrs. There's something impressionistic about tumblelogs that I think girls who write about sex are after. It's like here's a piece of me, let me show you, right in here. I love it. It's like crack. Only better. Reminds me of the days when I started Reverse Cowgirl 1.0, in 2002, and I could not stop. Over the last while, I've been posting my random links to the sidebar you see to your right, but readers complained they couldn't get that feed with RSS. So, if you want to keep track of my little bits, you can do so on my tumblr. Of course, I'll still be posting at Reverse Cowgirl Central. Girl's gotta have a place to air out her dirty laundry, after all.