Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Q&A With "Shock Art" Director Ira Isaacs


A few weeks ago, I wrote a post entitled "The 2 Girls 1 Cup Defense," focusing on the case of Ira Isaacs, a Los Angeles based director of coprophagy and distributor of bestiality films who was indicted last summer by the Department of Justice's Obscenity Prosecution Task Force for various obscenity-related offenses. Not long after that post went up, I got an email from Mr. Isaacs himself. He said if I wanted to interview him, I could. So I did. That interview is now online at Radar Online: "But Is It Obscene?" Special thanks to editor Alex Balk for having the balls to publish it. Because I didn't want Maer to keel over from a heart attack while reading this story, I withheld some of the more graphic portions of the interview, in which Isaacs and I discuss exactly what does happen in his movies. I've excerpted them here.
What happens in your videos?

They’re very, very attractive girls. It’s either them solo or two girls. They’re making out, it’s very sensual type of stuff. They shit on each other, blah-blah-blah, and make out.

Is there a plot?

I have an idea of what I want. There are some plot lines. You can hear my voice telling them what to do.

How do you do it?

You don’t breathe through your nose, and after a while you don’t really smell it anymore. It’s pretty intense, but you get used to it. I had a lot of people work for me, a lot of them girls, and after a while it didn’t matter anymore. You get used to it. You get immune to it. Same with the smell.