Monday, June 09, 2008

Feelings. I Have Them. Sometimes. But Not Often.


If I hear the word "sex-positive" one more time, I'm going to fucking vomit. Are you kidding me? What the fuck does that even mean? First of all, it's not 1998 anymore. Deeming crap "sex-positive" or "sex-negative" is not only totally over, it's totally boring. And what are you saying when you say that? That you are "pro-sex"? Really? Are you really pro-sex? Wow. Because I have yet to meet anyone who is "anti-sex." So, really, it's kind of redundant. "I'm sex-positive" is most often used to passive-aggressively indicate someone else is being "sex-negative." And what are you even talking about at that point? I am flummoxed to the point of seizure. Is this some kind of throwback to mawking on endlessly about the patriarchy? Because I'm, like, so over that, too. Also? I'm totally over "sex-positive" people yapping on endlessly about how the MSM (is that like the FBI???), a.k.a. the "mainstream media," is "sex-negative." The media is fucking obsessed with sex. Just like everyone else. The bottom line is that what we're all covering here is fucking. So fucking get over it. And yourselves.