Wednesday, January 21, 2009

For the Record [Updated]


Regarding this, American Apparel did not ask me or pay me to blog about the ads that run on this site or their clothes. Late last year, I was approached by AA and asked if I wanted to run the ads. I agreed. That was it.

Of course, the author of the Jezebel post would have known this had she taken five minutes to send me an email asking if I had been paid to blog about the ads or clothes. But that would have required her to perform an act of journalism. And everybody knows that's not the business Gawker Media is in.

Lastly, the idea of someone writing under a pseudonym calling my credibility into question is laughable, at best.

Update: Fleshbot's Lux Alptraum weighs in: "On the balance, American Apparel seems no more or less shady than any other clothing company—but because they're interested in pushing boundaries, in experimenting with sexuality, in (gasp!) putting nipples into their ads, they're far more likely to draw attention (and raise a bit of ire in the process)."