Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Photographic Process











I took these photographs of adult film actress Tori Black on April 10, 2009, between 3:26:18 PST and 3:28:27 PST in Canoga Park, California.

The final choice was #6. People seem to respond positively to the juxtaposition of Tori and the faces on the wall next to her in it. None of the images are altered by cropping or adjusting levels. The only adjustment made is size for uploading.

Looking back on these photos, there is something about #8 that catches my eye. I think it is the curve of her spine. But it isn't quite right.

While putting together this mini-photo essay on Boing Boing, I realized I didn't have a single, direct shot of Tori's face. She is extremely pretty, and I regret that I didn't take care to shoot a simple, straightforward portrait of her.

I like the photos of her at the mirror for several reasons, including the fact that the mirror is very "Hollywood," and this is the "Other Hollywood." In reality, they are one and the same.