Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mark Ebner Goes "Rich & Reckless"


The other night I was watching TV when there on the screen before me appeared my buddy Mark Ebner. Years ago, Ebner helped me become a journalist. I don't know if he'd want to take credit for the monster I've become, but there you have it.

Ebner is now the star of his own TV show on truTV, "Rich & Reckless," a tabloid style take on crime that focuses on the kind of rough stuff that got Ebner a reputation for being a bad boy reporter who will go where others fear to tread.

In an eye-popping video interview, Ebner talks about what drives him as a journalist.

"I'm going to be perfectly honest about what draws me to crime stories. I spent some of my best, youthful years as a stone-cold, drug addict junkie. And I think the short answer to that question is simply this. I chase crime stories with the exact same fervor that I chased that high so many years ago."

"Rich & Reckless" premieres this Friday at 10 PM.