Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Letters From Working Girls

As I've stated here previously, the Letters Project will be closing to submissions this month, although both sites will remain online. Letters from Johns closed on January 3, and Letters from Working Girls will close on January 14. In the last week, I've gotten three new letters from working girls.

"I Was a 35 Yr Old Single Mom": "I loved the way he treated me, but, was not in love with him. In fact, I could barely stand him. He was a white republican and I was not."

"I Figured, What the Hell": "Part of me does this to boost a self-esteem that isn't always there and the other part of me enjoys the power in it all. That is, having something that men want and then making them pay for it."

"I Am a Christian": "Don't get me wrong, most nights i enjoy what i do and some of the stuff i do is so crazy and funny that i can't wait to tell my fiance' or his friends, but the twist is, do they really want to know about it."

If you're a working girl with a story to tell, you've got 48 hours.