Monday, March 23, 2009

Regarding the Matter as to Why I Never Responded to Your Email


Hi there,

I'm a brazilian journalist from São Paulo, Brazil, and this message is to congratulate you for your work, to tell you about a ficction work I am doing and to make a confession.

First things, first. I mean, the confession. I have seen you lots of times on Playboy TV, at the Sexcetera program. And I have to tell you that you were one of my favorites reporters, along with Frank and Hoyt. In the sense that you were the ones that worked better the funny concept of the program. Actually, I loved to see how confortable you were naked. [For the record, I was never naked on that show.] And, frankly, I never believed that a beautifull blondie like you would have so much journalistic skills. And when I saw your resume and the work you do, my face turn red instantly because of the realization that it was a huge prejudice. So this is also an official apology

Then, I am trying to put together a story on internet relationships, sexual or not. And I'm doing research about that. Can you point me some good sources? And, just for my curiosity, what's your take on that? Because we are from the generation that saw the internet born. First, we have to invite the girls to the prom, had dates and so on to get to bed - at least before and after the '70's. And, now, you go to the internet, enter a chat room or put your profile on a relationship site and it's like magic, you get laid. What do you think about it?

And, least of all, your piece at The Daily Beast. Well, your point is right, but you're not considering one tiny thing in that matter. We, men, normal men I have to say, have to work our asses to hard to get a conversation with a normal girl. (In the internet, this is going down like a card's castle, because you don't have the visual, but then you have the date, when everything is back to normal.) What to say about getting her to the bedroom? It's too much swet. In contrast, a normal girl can choose, select and make whatever she wants, because her "ass" always is the target. And I am not considering the other variables, with cute men and ugly girls, and cute women and ugly guys, and so on. So, I agree with you in terms, because of the women's lib and the american puritanism and everything. But this is only one facet of the whole story.

Hope you enjoy this letter!

All best,

[redacted]