Thursday, January 03, 2008

Me, Myself, and Whores


Yesterday, I mentioned something that I'm working on, a project that I referred to as The Project, a project, I suggested, that had to do with prostitutes. What is The Project? For now, the project will remain vague, as projects have a tendency to change. One thing I didn't like about the Reverse Cowgirl--the blog, that is--last year was that there were a great many things I didn't blog about. This year, I'm trying to be more upfront. So, while I'm remaining ambiguous here, I'm also trying to be more clear here. Is it working? Who knows. My virtual underwear is transparent--metaphorically, that is. In any case, I have a point. What was it? Ah, yes. I've been writing about sex for about a decade now. Actually, 2008 will be my eleventh year. Much of that time I've spent talking to and writing about and thinking about and more to the point identifying with the men I've met in the otherworld of sex that remains for the most part unseen in 21th century America. (And, no, I'm not talking about "Cathouse" or some heavily edited crap like that; I'm talking about the real world where sex workers live and breathe and the rest of America has to pay to visit.) These days, I'm looking at the women. Anybody who knows me knows this is no easy task. I made it clear in "My, My American Bukkake Too" that I'm more inclined to identify with the men in that world. I mean, wouldn't you? Would you rather be the guy with his dick in his hand or the girl on her knees with her eyes closed? That's a rhetorical question, as far as I'm concerned. I guess it's easier to look at the Other than into the Mirror, no? Either way, and apropros of nothing, I'm interested in hearing about any of my male readers' experiences with prostitutes. To be clear, I'm not interested in some jerk-off story. I'm interested in hearing from you if you're interested in sending me an email about if you've ever been with a prostitute and why? And, most significantly, what was your experience of the girl? I'm also interested in hearing from sex workers or former sex workers. What does America not understand about what you do? In both cases, your responses will be anonymous. Please let me know if I can post your email to this blog. Email me by clicking on the CONTACT ME line to your left and up.