Monday, June 02, 2008

Start Your Morning Off Right With Le Le's "Breakfast" Video


Cruising the webternets this weekend, I came across this newish animated smut-hop video from Le Le: "Breakfast." Man, this is some good shit! And what a way to start off a day. If you listen to it, you have to promise to get up and dance and shake your booty a bit. Really, it will change your perspective on life. I know it worked for me.

Who's Le Le? (Pronounce it like "the the.") They describe themselves as "French pop / Ghettotech / German pop." I say anybody whose music includes the line "I see you over there, talking to Jean Pierre Le Douche" is number one in my book. The video itself, which I found on Submarine was created by band member Piet Parra who's an amazing visual artist and whose style I love.

In an interview about making the video, Parra said: "And I’m really happy you guys are picking up the video clip for 'Breakfast' because it’s been flagged on youtube. Someone thought it was inappropriate. It’s really very irritating. The same thing happened with our 'Skinny Jeans' video clip. So it seems someone out there does not like us. It’s kind of funny. But whatever, I guess the lyrics are slightly crazy, if someone finds that offensive, well, they are most likely Americans."

Bonus Reverse Cowgirl lifetime points if today you tell your significant other: "Bitch, you breakfast."