Friday, June 06, 2008

My Fox Searchlight Anal Beads Are In The Mail



Thank god for Fox Searchlight. Yesterday, I wrote there were reports that Fox Searchlight was handing out anal beads to promote its upcoming film, "Choke," which is based on a novel by Chuck Palahniuk. Today, I emailed Melissa Holloway, a VP of publicity at Fox Searchlight. Was it true? I asked her. Was Fox Searchlight really handing out anal beads? Today, she's my new BFF. Not only did she send me the fine anal bead photos you see here, she's going to send me my very own set of Fox Searchlight Anal Beads (TM) in the mail.

"Hi Susannah,
Yes, we created bookmarks w/ strings attached that represent 'anal beads' to hand out to people who attended Chuck Palahniuk readings / book signings around the country as he just participated in a cross country press tour to promote his new book Snuff. The bookmark does say on it, 'for your book, not your bum, and not for small children' as they are not intended for actual use.

We figured fans of Chuck and his work were obvious choices to be interested in the film, so we used his tour as an opportunity to create and hand out promo items. I’ve attached a copy of the bookmark that we are currently producing for our release campaign, and we would be happy to send a couple to you once they are ready. Can you send us your address?

Best,
Melissa"

I love America.